Investigating a new treatment for children with cancer who suffer hearing loss as a result of exposure to chemotherapy drugs. It is estimated that, on average, about 750 children aged 0-14 years old are diagnosed with cancer each year in Australia (Cancer Council). Participating in this trial means you’ll be supporting world leading research into improving hearing loss treatments for these children.
You Get $2320!
(This payment is based on completing the in-house stay and all scheduled appointments)
2 nights and 3 days with one follow up phone call and three in-house follow-up appointments
|COH 2.1||COH 2.2||COH 2.3||COH 2.4|
|Follow Up||Day 4 (phone call)||24-Jan||03-Feb||07-Feb||14-Feb|
- Healthy Males and Females, aged between 18 and 65
- Body Mass Index (BMI) between 18 – 35 kg/m2
- Normal hearing, defined as ≤20 dB from 250 Hz to 8 kHz bilateral
- No allergies to any local anesthetics (numbing medication)
- Free from any clinically significant illness or disease as determined by their medical history.
- Must be willing to attend a hearing test if eligible after first screening visit.
Find out now if you’re eligible by answering our pre-screening questions below.