Help us trial a new investigational treatment designed to be used in the management of post-operative pain. Dexmedetomidine is a sedative drug currently approved in Australia by the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) for intravenous use. It is used in hospital settings to sedate patients prior to and during surgical procedures. We are investigating a transdermal drug delivery system (skin patch) to be used as an alternative to intravenous dosing to reduce post-operative pain.
You Get $2140!
One in-house stay of 7 nights and 8 days
- Healthy Males and Females
- Between 18 – 60 years of age
- Body Mass Index (BMI) must be between 18.0 – 38.0 kg/m2
- Must be non-smokers (Max 2 cigarettes per month within the previous 6 months)
- Must not have any existing chronic skin conditions (e.g. psoriasis, eczema, acne, rosacea), skin allergies, or sensitivities that could prevent the ability to wear a transdermal patch.
- Must not have any scars, tattoos, burns, wounds, or excessive hair on the upper portion of the arm.
- Must not have any clinically significant illness, disease, or severe allergies.
- Must have a resting heart rate greater than 60 BPM
Find out now if you’re eligible by answering our pre-screening questions below.