- Males and females between the ages of 18 and 70
- Participants must have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 27-40kg/m2
- Participants with T2D diagnosed greater than 6 months ago and controlled with diet or exercise alone or on stable doses of 1 or 2 of the following classes of OAMs. If more than 2 of the permitted OAMs (Metformin, Sulfonylureas, Glinides, Thiazolidinediones and Acarbose) are taken at Screening a wash-out period of 3 weeks will be needed.
- Participants willing and able to perform self-blood-glucose-monitoring (SMBG)
- Participants willing and able to maintain a subject paper diary